- This event has passed.
NAFTC – Propane Autogas Technician Training-Colorado
June 6, 2017 - June 8, 2017
Propane Autogas Vehicle Technician Training
Learn practical skills in actual shop environments
Propane-powered vehicles present special challenges to the automotive technician. This three-day course includes an overview of propane technology, automotive components, and autogas related systems.
The National Alternative Fuels Training Consortium (NAFTC) has launched a NEW Propane Autogas Vehicle Technician Training. Recognizing a need for qualified technicians to adapt, service, and maintain these vehicles, the comprehensive course covers topics including propane characteristics, fuel systems, vehicle compatibility, system components, and safety. By the end of the three-day course, participants will have an in-depth understanding of servicing and maintaining these vehicles.
This state-of-the-art training, funded by the Propane Education & Research Council (PERC) is being offered free at multiple locations across the United States.
This FREE training session is available ONLY to professional automotive technicians currently working in the field who want to enhance their skills and learn more about working with propane autogas vehicles.
This technical training is targeted toward professional, experienced automotive technicians and automotive trainers seeking to learn about propane autogas vehicles.
Taught by certified NAFTC instructors, this three-day course will enable you to:
- Explain the sources and processing of LPG
- Describe the components of a propane autogas fuel system and explain how each operates
- Know the different fuel delivery methods and how they differ (vapor, liquid, and direct)
- Explain the three types of propane autogas fuel system configurations (bi-fuel, dual fuel and dedicated)
- Learn the concepts of pressure, density, and volume in decribing, measuring, and handling propane autogas
- Explain the operation of the electronic control module (ECM) and the components that connect to it
- List the different steps in the conversion of a conventional vehicle
- List personnel and shop safety procedures and describe the appropriate responses to common emergencies such as fire, gas leakage, and collision
This course is available to NAFTC member schools and PERC stakeholders as a train-the-trainer upon advance request. This course is NOT an autogas vehicle conversion class, although conversion topics and procedures are discussed.
Course Materials Provided to the Participant:
- Participant Manual – including review questions and learning activities*
- Program certificate
Course Materials Provided to NAFTC Members and PERC stakeholders participating in Train-the-Trainer session:
- Instructor Manual – including course agenda and planning notes
- Program certificate
- Training aids (PowerPoint presentation, Flash animations, tests, etc.)
- List of suggested hands-on training aids for shop tasks
Classes are offered through the National Alternative Fuels Training Laboratory in Morgantown, WV. Customized classes can be brought to your doorstep and are designed to meet your particular needs. Please contact email@example.com details, class pricing, and for NAFTC membership information.
*Each module of the Participant’s Manual contains text, illustrations, explanatory figures and tables, module review questions, and a list of key terms and abbreviations.